Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: The fight for custody. Facts instead of emotions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Geral's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2021
    Posts
    272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    The fight for custody. Facts instead of emotions

    I could not imagine before that I would have to fight for my own child and that I would find myself in a custody battle. I understood the main thing: the court does not care about grievances - what is important is stability for the child. I began to record everything: visits to doctors, school, clubs. I communicated with my ex only in writing and calmly - I saved everything. I found a lawyer who knows such cases. He immediately said: lateness and violations are a failure. Not a single absence, everything is strictly on schedule. I agreed to mediation - the court appreciates it. We collected evidence: medical records, letters, schedules. In court, only facts, no emotions. Gradually, the court began to see me as a responsible parent. It is not easy, but if you do everything correctly and stick to the child, there is a chance. The main thing is discipline, calmness and an experienced lawyer nearby.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member lonasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2022
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: The fight for custody. Facts instead of emotions

    Guardianship cases are really complicated situations when the well-being of the child is at stake. In such situations, it's difficult to do without a competent lawyer, especially when it comes to interaction with guardianship services, and a good cps lawyer knows how to protect the interests of the family, understands the intricacies of the law and will help prepare for the trial. He will draw up all the papers and help build a defense strategy.

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member walterstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2023
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The fight for custody. Facts instead of emotions

    The approach through facts, documents and respect for procedures really works. You noted the role of mediation. Many underestimate it, and the courts look at it positively. Well done for sharing, it's useful for those who are currently going through something similar.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •